After the installation of the packages we’ll first configure SABnzbd. SABnzbd will take care of all the usenet download tasks. You can open the SABnzbd webpage by browsing to http://SYNOLOGYIP:8080, the first time you access this page you must finish the installation wizard.
- First chose a language and click ‘Start Wizard’
- In the next screen you enter your usenet server address and credentials. You can click ‘Test Server’ to make sure SABnzbd can connect. Click ‘Next’ when you’re ready.
- In step two of the wizard you can optional set an username and password for SABnzbd, I’m using SABnzbd only from my internal network so I choose to leave these empty.
- In step three we can provide searchprovider credentials, I’m not using SABnzbd with searchproviders so I leave these empty.
- Here is the last step of the wizard, on this page you find the IP and port number of your SABnzbd dashboard.
- When you click ‘Go to SABnzbd’ the dashboard will open;
After the setup wizard we want to configure some options, click the config-button on top of the page;
In the ‘General’-section you need to get your SABnzbd API key, write this down (copy and past in a txt file will be easier 😉 ). This key will be used by Sickbeard and CouchPotato;
Then open the ‘Folders’-section. Here we can define where SABnzbd saves the downloads;